What to do if you have an accident:
- Call 911 if anyone is injured.
- Get names, addresses, phone numbers, makes of vehicles and license numbers of all other drivers, passengers and witnesses.
- Get all other drivers’ insurance information (company, policy number and contact info).
- Carefully examine damage to other vehicles.
- Do not admit fault.
- Call the police if there are injuries or if the other party(s) are uncooperative.
- Take photos of the accident location and the vehicles involved.
- Only discuss the accident with the police or with your insurance representative.
- Notify Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance immediately. If after hours, call your insurance provider.
Call us during our normal business hours at 603-431-4020:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Or call your insurance provider:
Here’s a complete list of the info you should gather after an accident:
- Date & time
- City, street and intersection
- Road and weather conditions
- Direction and speed of both vehicles
- Did the police take a report? If so, what department and case number
- A detailed description of what happened
- Info about other drivers (name, phone, address, make, license #, driver’s license #, insurer, policy #, birth date)
- Witness info
If you don’t have a place to write down this information, use your phone’s camera to take photos of the other driver’s:
- License plate
- Proof of insurance